Monday, November 3, 2008

Most Embarassing moment ever!

Okay, I think I should officially change my name to Klutz! I was in an Interview last week for a Position that I want more than anything, so this was huge. I was recently laid off at AAA and had been there about 6 years. So sad!! :( So I'm looking for a good Dispatch job. I found a great opportunity, dispatching, just the job I want and the most I will have ever been paid. So, they call me back for a second interview last week. Yay!!

Here's the part you're waiting for... I go in all dressed up, ready for this interview. I know I'm going to make the BEST impression. So, the Supervisor sits down, tells me to take a seat across from him. I'll set the scene; Hard floors and chair with wheels. Need I say more. Didn't think anything of it, so I go to sit down. The next thing I know, the chair pushes back as I start to sit and I thought I had a good enough grip but... NOPE! My whole body flies to the floor and the chair is laying on top of my shoulders and face. I'm laying on the ground!!! I couldn't believe what was happening. My first instinct was to run as fast as I could to the nearest exit. But, I just laughed, the guy lent me a hand and helped me up. I said "nice to meet you." He was very nice. I think it put him at ease that I was laughing so hard about it, because believe it or not, the interview went excellent. SERIOUSLY! As he was walking me out the door, he said they'd call me in the next day or two because I was their "strongest candidate." I made it out to my car and was laughing so hard that he actually said that. I wasn't holding my breath.

But, guess what?!?! This morning I get a call from them and they want me to meet with the General Manager tomorrow. I'm so excited, but in the back of my head am thinking, maybe he just wants to meet the girl that fell off the chair last week. I hope not... :) Wish me luck! I think this guy has carpet in his office, so that's a plus. ha ha ha! It seems I have too many stories like this. Anyway, other than that, life is going great. (other than me turning 29 last week) grrrr... where does the time go and where is my Husband? :) Going to the Singles Ward, socializing, trying to stay busy!

11 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

Oh man, that is funny. Sad, but funny. Ü Think of it this way Darla, you made an impression on him. He won't ever forget the girl that missed the chair and still held it together for the interview.
Good luck!! I really hope you get this job.

Kara's Party Ideas said...

darla! hey! that is the best story EVER!!! oh my heck...i love it!! that totally sounds like something that would happen to me! good luck with the job...you'll get it, no worries! they'll never forget you! :)

Travis and Heather said...

Oh Darla...Too bad that I can totally see this happening to you. Over and over again. The good thing is that you have a great personality that can roll with the punches. Love ya

Kam said...

Hi Darla, I just found your blog from a comment you left on Blaine and Lisa's blog. So this is the first bit of your blog I got to read. Hilarious! And, that's sooo cool that they called you back. If you get the job, you'll definitely have a good story to tell your coworkers! Good luck.
Kamber

Ab-Normal said...

Oh.My.Heavens. You are my absolute favorite! You have to get the job. You have left the best impression and they can't forget you. :) Good luck Darla!

p.s. what happened to lex?? I would love to hear the details? :) talk to ya later!

Brat said...

I can so picture you doing that! You are the best. I dont think I could have held it together for the interview.
Good Luck!

Wade Hone said...

Heya Darla!

It's good to see that you have a Blog up! I'm going to add it to my home page so I can check in regular!

Sorry to hear about your Fall from bed... and um... the chair and stuff. ouch!

Thanks for taking the time to take and post the pics, and share your stories!!

love ya Cous!


Wade -out.

Wade Hone said...

P.S. that 'missing the chair' trick... that's going down in my book of 'creative ice breakers'.

I'm glad you didn't get too hurt, and I'm rootin for ya getting the job!


Wade -out.

Serenity said...

Oh Darla that is soo funny!!! I'm still chuckling to myself! oooh... ya that's funny. Well congrats on the callback. Either way the job goes good for you!

BlaineUSA said...

You are AMAZING, Darla K.!!! I hope you know we love you so much.

Jodie Petersen said...

Darla you can always make me laugh. I love it.. By the way I am a prison break fan myself. Wentworth mmmmm.. HOLLA!