Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What kind of gift is this ?

So Everyone knows I eventually want to get married. Sooner than later hopefully. Especially my own MOTHER! :) Okay, So my sister Lindsey was over the other day and my mom comes in the living room with an early Christmas gift for me. I'm thinking cool...thanks mom! So, I open it and what is it? ... None other than a big fat "BRIDES" magazine! What kind of gift is that?!?! I'm not even dating anyone right now. I just looked at her and laughed and kind of tossed it aside like a dirty diaper. She is so naive that she got it for me thinking how much she "knows how much I love looking at wedding gowns." Lindsey and I were laughing so hard. Anyway, what a great way to start the holidays! :) No, it was funny! Gotta love my mom.

6 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

Oh my, that is a unique gift. I can totally picture the look on your face when you opened it up! Just remember Darla, it's the thought that counts. Ü If I were you I would save it for one of those White Elephant gift parties.

Kara's Party Ideas said...

hahaha! that's so hilarious! i LOVE your mom!!

Darla said...

Yeah, I told her if I get married within the next year I can still use this magazine... it may still be updated enough hehehe..! She's nuts! I have yet to look at it. Just makes me depressed. Especially at Christmas! I love the white elephant idea Em :)

Serenity said...

Oh, that's funny! Your mom... Oh I just love her! Thanks for the Christmas card! Miss you, can't wait til the fam all gets together again and we can see eachother!

Brat said...

That's great!!!

Wade Hone said...

hehe, your mom is DEFINITLY my mom's sister! - no doubt there. :-P

Wade -out.